Friday, January 1, 2016

RE: Bad News About Donald's mother, An Envoi (of sorts)

 RE: Bad News About Donald's mother, An Envoi (of sorts)


I wish I had more  skill, in  reply to news that's bad,

to be  able to write a formal envoi or ballade,


but I am sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's death. 

who,at over 100,  remained vital to her last breath. 


Though this may seem  callous to say

when a long  life stops being very much fun

 leaving loved ones and  getting out of their way

is perhaps  best, after everything's  said and done.


And remember too,    there is this  guarantee:

It will   someday also  happen to  you and me!


HzL
1/1/16


en·voi
ˈenˌvoi,ˈänˌvoi/
noun
  1. 1.
    a short stanza concluding a ballade.
  2. 2.
    literary
    an author's concluding words.

bal·lade
bəˈläd/
noun
  1. 1.
    a poem normally composed of three stanzas and an envoi. The last line of the opening stanza is used as a refrain, and the same rhymes, strictly limited in number, recur throughout.
  2. 2.
    a short, lyrical piece of music, especially one for piano.

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 15:23:46 -0500
Subject: Bad News About Donald's mother
From: albert


I am sorry to have to tell you that Donald's mother died today.  I know you would like to express your sympathy to Donald but he may not be able to return calls for a bit.  We will catch up with calls in a day or two.  I'm leaving for NY early tomorrow.  Obviously all the engagements I made with you for the week ahead will have to be cancelled.

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment